<- BACK TO GAS GRILL SUPPORT
Yellow flames instead of blueLast Update : 03/29/2018
When grilling with a gas grill, the flame should be blue. A healthy grill flame may have a little yellow on the tips of the blue flame, but if you’re seeing a solid yellow flame, something isn't quite right. Check a few things: Regulator Pressure The most common cause of yellow flames is low gas pressure from the regulator, which is an easy fix that you can do at home.
- Open the grill lid.
- Turn off all knobs on the control panel in front.
- Turn off the tank knob. * Disconnect the regulator from the propane tank.
- Wait 30 seconds. * Reconnect the regulator to the propane tank.
- Slowly open the propane tank knob all the way open.
- Turn on the appropriate control knob and light the grill per the instructions on the control panel.