<- BACK TO FAQ | Digital Smoker
Can I use an extension cord?
For optimal performance, we recommend that you do not use an extension cable. If you must use an extension cord, please note the following for safety reasons:
- Use a cable suitable for outdoor use
- Rated at 13 amps
- Marked with a sticker "Suitable for use with outdoor equipment"
- Use an extension cable that is as short as possible. Do not connect 2 or more extension cords together
- Use an extension cord that is rated for the appropriate wattage that your grill or smoker has
- Do not use an extension cable that is designed for a low wattage, as this can cause damage to the house wiring
- Keep the connections dry and off the floor
- Don't let the cord hang over the edge of the table top or other objects where children could pull or trip over it.